Perhaps the greatest thing to ever come out of the Winter Olympics: the ice dancing twizzle. So twizzle what your mama gave ya.
Have you waited until the last minute and now find yourself dreading the trip (and walk of shame) down the picked over CVS card aisle? We feel you, it’s not a happy place to be, it’s not where Cupid would want you to be right now.
Great news! We’ve given a basic business card template a twist, adding in a few sweet nothings for you to share with your Valentine.
Boom. Valentine success.
A good pairing doesn’t go unappreciated in Our Town.
I love (oh, hi it’s Lisa) seeing two fonts fall in love with each other, finding the perfect cozy chair with the exact right amount of character to complete that reading nook, or when those new booties just happen to go with everything, it’s really the best to discover a new pairing, isn’t it?
So, when I came across this delicious cocktail recipe bringing together some of my favorite ingredients, and in honor of an endearing pair of best mates, I had to share it. The earl grey syrup sounds so incredible I think I’d put it on my pancakes! That step is not to be skipped, I recommend Bee Raw honey, and my Earl Grey tea of choice from Harney & Sons. Not only are these delicious options, they do a nice job prettying up a pantry.
One of my (Bianca’s) goals for 2014 is to pay more attention to where my beauty products come from and to stop using so many chemicals. That’s not to say I will never, ever use a non-natural beauty product — I’m a bleached blonde, glitter-loving human, so yeah, that’s not really possible – but I’d like to practice moderation. I figure if I naturalize my day-to-day, I can allow myself the occasional spritz of Aqua Net and gold dust.
So I’m going on a Hunt for Natural. This will be an occasional series where I spotlight the latest natural obsession that’s changing my life.
Read on below for my first love: Fresh Sugar Face Polish.
Fresh Face Polish ($55, buy here)
- What it is: A face exofliant/mask hybrid
- Where I heard about it: This interview on Into the Gloss with Senior Vice President of Coty, Catherine Walsh, in which she raved about the product — calling it her “best skincare secret” and saying it erased her pores. Her skin’s flawless so obviously I was sold.
- What it says it does: From the Fresh website: Sugar Face Polish with nourishing brown sugar and real strawberry seeds is an innovative formula for all skin types that exfoliates and hydrates the skin, instantly revealing a softer, smoother, more radiant complexion.
- What it actually does: It makes your face as soft as a baby’s bottom. I kid you not. I’ve only used it 3 times so I can’t say if it’s erased all my pores but it makes me feel like an all natural goddess and it hydrates like whoa. I used it on New Year’s Day and it gave me a much needed boost of color. Oh and it smells like a lemon square. #win
- Is it really natural: This I’m still trying to figure out since I know that even if it’s labeled “all natural” it may not be “ALL natural”. So I’m doing some research. Stay tuned (and let me know if you’re a scientist and can help figure this out.)
A few snow day ideas:
+ Add some pretty to your walls!
I’m loving this Lucky 2014 Calendar, it makes me smile every time I look at it. This is going to be a great year in Our Town.
+ Go shopping on your own bookshelf.
Re-reading this classic has me feeling nostalgic. It’s a perfect fireside read snuggled under a blanket and sipping tea from an equally beautiful mug – what a fantastic gift to receive from my Our Town partner in crime, I’d link to her bio, but we’re not very good at writing those.
+ She’s Whiskey in a Teacup.
A favorite phrase of late, it must be the mix of time I’ve spent in the country (Montana) and the city (back in Boston) over the holidays. It just feels like it fits with the back and forth. Currently playing around with some different print options. Stay tuned!
Note: these are not ALL of the things you’ll need for a snow day. I also recommend making a delicious soup and catching up on a favorite show. I’ll be checking back in with some old detective friends whilst sipping on my favorite winter warmer, a whiskey ginger cocktail – it’s delicious.
Cheers + Stay Warm!